5 Best WordPress Donation Plugins for WordPress: Easy ways to collect donations
Disclaimer: This article may contain affiliate links so that we can create new content.
Table of Contents
Are you looking for an easy way to collect donations from your website visitors? This article will look at 5 of the best donation plugins for WordPress. We will discuss their features and how they can help you collect donations from your website’s visitors.
5 best donation plugins for WordPress
1. Give WP
Give WP is a great donation plugin for WordPress because it offers extensive features for collecting donations and managing your donors. With Give WP, you can create donation forms and manage contributions from your WordPress admin panel. This plugin also offers several extra features that allow you to collect donations, such as donation tracking and reporting, donation buttons, and other donor management features.
- Accessible donation forms: Give WP allows you to create donation forms and manage donations from your WordPress admin panel.
- Donation buttons: Give WP makes it easy to add donation buttons to your website. This makes it easy for visitors to donate to your cause.
- Donation tracking and reporting: Give WP provides donation tracking and reporting so you can see how much money you have raised.
- Donor management: This plugin makes it easy to manage donors and keep track of their donations.
- Peer-to-peer fundraising feature.
- Option for recurring donation collections.
- Mobile donation options.
Price: free version available and pro version starting at 149 USD per year.
Donation for Woocommerce is another extensive WordPress donation plugin for your website. With Donation for Woocommerce, you can create donation forms and fundraising campaigns from your WordPress admin panel. This plugin primarily focuses on ongoing recurring donations combined with the Woocommerce Subscriptions plugin.
Some features include, but are not limited to:
- Donation product: Donation for Woocommerce allows you to easily create donation products and kickstart a fundraising campaign. You can add donation products to your WooCommerce store and collect donations from visitors to your website.
- Donation widget: Donation for Woocommerce provides a donation widget that you can add to your website. This widget is a great visible nudge for visitors to donate to your cause.
- Donation email: This plugin allows you to send donation emails to your donors. You can thank them for their donation and keep them updated on how their donation is being used.
- Donation thank you page: Donation for Woocommerce allows you to create a donation thank you page. This page can be used to thank your donors for their donation and provide them with information on how their donation is being used.
- Donation goal progress bar. Keep your visitors engaged by displaying the most up to date progress of the donation campaign.
- Donor count display.
Price: 99 USD per year.
Woocommerce Donation Plugin is a simple plugin for collecting donations from your visitors. With the Woocommerce Donation Plugin, you can create donation forms and manage contributions and reporting from your WordPress dashboard. The way this plugin technically works is that a donation is a product in the WooCommerce backend. Hence, it is a simple plugin.
- Donation tracking and reporting: Woocommerce Donation Plugin provides donation tracking and reporting so you can see how much money you have raised.
- Integrates easilty with various WordPress themes.
- Add Donation to Cart: an easy way to add a donation option to the Add to Cart page.
Price: 19 USD per year.
If you are providing a free service or want to receive donations for your charity, Yith donations for Woocommerce might be a suitable option. It does not offer the same extensive donor management options as other plugins in this list of the best donation plugins for WordPress. However, it is a robust option for creating an e-commerce solution combined and/or based on charity and donations. As such, it allows you to collect donations by creating a simple form and placing this form anywhere you want with a simple widget.
Some key features:
- Add the donation form anywhere you like. Such as, but not limited to the cart page and single product page.
- Make donations mandatory on one or more products of your shop.
- Display the summary widget for your website visitors to show the total amount of donations that have been received.
- Let the customer decide the amount of donation or set a preset amount.
Price: without discount around 99 USD per year.
Another great option is WP Charitable. This plugin comes with robust and affordable options to manage your nonprofit websites for donation collection. Depending on the plan you choose, you can opt for recurring donations and for peer-to-peer fundraising. Apart from that, WP Charitable offers extensive features. What’s more is that this plugin doesn’t charge any transaction or platform fees. Some key features of the basic plan are:
- It is adaptable to any well built WordPress theme.
- It allows to easily configure GDPR compliant donation forms.
- It allows for you to securely collect donations, as it doesn’t store any payment details on your website.
In some more advanced plans, these are a few key features:
- Collect recurring donations.
- Create a crowdfunding project or platform.
- Create peer-to-peer fundraising campaigns.
- Integration with newsletter software of Mailchimp, Active Campaign, Campaign Monitor, Mailpoet, Mailster and Mailer Lite.
- Option for anonymous donations.
Price: the basic package starts at 149 USD per year.
If you’re looking for an easy way to collect donations from visitors to your website, a donation plugin is a great choice. There are many things to consider, such as the plugin’s price and its different features. Also, choosing a plugin compatible with your WordPress website and any other third party software would be helpful. Do you need any help choosing the right plugin? Contact us today, and we will be happy to help!
What are the benefits of using a donation plugin?
There are several advantages to using a donation plugin. First, donation plugins make it easy to collect donations from visitors to your website. In addition, donation plugins often provide features that make it easy to collect donations, such as donation tracking and reporting, donation buttons, and donor management. If you want to build a relationship with your donors, you can also use a donation plugin to send thank-you emails or create a donation thank-you page. Overall, a donation plugin is a great way to collect donations from visitors to your website.
What are the best ways to collect donations from my visitors?
There are a number of ways to collect donations from your website visitors. You can use a donation plugin, such as Donation for Woocommerce or GiveWP, which offer a number of features that make it easy to collect donations. In addition, you can use donation buttons or forms on your website. If you want to build a relationship with your donors, you can also send thank you emails or create a thank you page for donations. Overall, using a donation plugin is a great way to collect donations from your website visitors.
How do I integrate donations into WordPress?
There are various options to integrate donations into your WordPress website. The most easy way is to use a good plugin such as GiveWP, Donation for WooCommerce, WooCommerce Donation Plugin, or Yith donations for WooCommerce.
Are donation plugins free?
While most of the donation plugins offer only paid versions. Some robust plugins such as Give WP also offer a free version.